2013 Texas APME convention
Make plans now to attend the 2013 Texas APME convention April 5-7 at the St. Anthony hotel in San Antonio.
The APME board has put together another useful program that addresses some of the most critical issues facing our business. Here are some of the topics we’ll explore:
• Breaking down the walls between the news and marketing departments
• Charging for premium content on digital platforms: What works? What lessons can be learned?
• Rethinking the newsroom to beef up your mobile strategy
• Computer-assisted reporting: How data can drive reporting in print and drive traffic online
We also will honor outstanding journalism as we present the Texas APME-Headliner awards, the most prestigious journalism honors in the state.
Those of you who are convention regulars know we’ll also have some fun.
We’ll make new friends and catch up with old ones in the hospitality suite. And we’ll raise money for another group of deserving scholarship recipients at the Saturday night Jack Douglas dinner and Buster Haas auction at Aldaco’s, a San Antonio favorite for more than 20 years.
In your free time, you’ll be able to explore the River Walk, the Alamo or any number of things San Antonio has to offer.
Register online at http://www.txapme.com.
We’ll see you there!
2013 TAPME Awards
Use this site for electronic entries
Click here to view the 2012 winners.
Please follow these guidelines before submitting your entries (i.e. naming conventions, file sizes, etc.). Read Now.
Don't forget to upload your Newspaper of the Year front pages as well as mail the full editions.
It is time to begin assembling your entries for the premier competition in Texas journalism, the Texas APME Headliners Excellence in Journalism Awards. Besides the awards in each circulation division, we will once again pit the four circulation division winners against one another in a second competition, culminating in the Charles E. Green awards bestowed by the Headliners Foundation. One major change this year - we are going to electronic filing of all entries.
Those Charles E. Green awards are:
• Star Reporter of the Year
• Star Photojournalist of the Year
• Star Designer of the Year
• Star Investigative Report of the Year
• Star Breaking News Report of the Year
• Star Online Report of the Year
Also, don't forget to send in your best entries for the Newspaper of the Year Award.
The deadline for entries will be midnight, Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013 for electronic entries and 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, 2011 for mailed Newspaper of the Year entries. The contest period covers work done from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2012, with exceptions as noted in the rules.
A complete copy of the rules is now available for download, as well as classifications by newspaper.
If you have questions about the rules, contact this year's contest coordinators:
• Board president and contest site administrator Shane Fitzgerald, Editor, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, 820 N. Lower Broadway, Corpus Christi, TX 78401, email@example.com, 361-886-3688 | Shane also is available for technical help.
• Yvonne Mintz, Managing Editor, The Facts, 720 S. Main, Clute, TX 77531; firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-237-0144.
• Debbie Hiott, Editor, Austin American-Statesman, 305 S. Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704; email@example.com or 512-912-2937.<
ALL checks should be made payable to Texas APME, envelope addressed to Chief of Bureau, The Associated Press, 4851 LBJ Freeway, Suite 300, Dallas, TX 75244.
The winners will be announced at the 2013 convention planned for April 5-7 at the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio. Awards for first, second and third places and honorable mention all will be available for pickup at the convention this year, for the first time. See you there!
Need help creating your submissions?How to create a PDF for this contest.