2015 TAPME Awards
Use this site for electronic entries
Click here to view the 2014 winners.
Please follow these guidelines before submitting your entries (i.e. naming conventions, file sizes, etc.). Read Now.
Don't forget to upload your Newspaper of the Year front pages as well as mail the full editions.
It is time to begin assembling your electronic entries for the premier competition in Texas journalism, the Texas APME Headliners Excellence in Journalism Awards. Besides the awards in each circulation division, we will once again pit the four circulation division winners against one another in a second competition, culminating in the Charles E. Green awards bestowed by the Headliners Foundation.
Those Charles E. Green awards are:
• Star Reporter of the Year
• Star Photojournalist of the Year
• Star Designer of the Year
• Star Investigative Report of the Year
• Star Breaking News Report of the Year
• Star Online Report of the Year
Also, don't forget to send in your best entries for the Newspaper of the Year Award.
The deadline for entries will be midnight, Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 for electronic entries and 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 23, 2015 for mailed Newspaper of the Year entries. The contest period covers work done from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, 2014, with exceptions as noted in the rules.
A complete copy of the rules is now available for download, as well as classifications by newspaper.
If you have questions about the rules, contact this year's contest coordinators:
• (Class 1A and 4A) Yvonne Mintz, Editor, The Facts, 720 S. Main Street, Clute TX 77531, firstname.lastname@example.org, 979-237-0144
• (Class 2A and 3A) Sharon Grigsby, editorial writer and project editor, the Dallas Morning News, 508 Young Street, Dallas TX 75202; email@example.com or 214-977-8855.
• Board president Diana Fuentes, Editor of Community Publications, The San Antonio Express-News, 301 Avenue E., San Antonio TX 78205; firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-250-3303, also is available to answer questions about the contest.
ALL checks should be made payable to Texas APME, envelope addressed to Chief of Bureau, The Associated Press, 4851 LBJ Freeway, Suite 300, Dallas, TX 75244.
The winners will be announced at the 2015 convention planned for March 25-29 at the Hilton in Waco, Texas. Awards for first, second and third places and honorable mention all will be available for pickup at the convention this year. See you there!
Need help creating your submissions?How to create a PDF for this contest.